Throughout the year, members of the GTPE executive leadership team as well as staff members take part in initiatives, activities, and events beyond Georgia Tech to raise awareness of the Institute's leadership in higher education and GTPE's role in professional and continuing education.
- Troy Courville, director of assessment & educational insights, and Yakut Gazi, assistant dean of learning systems, served as members of the organizing team for the Chancellor’s Summit on Precision Academics, a day focused on informing and improving instruction using student learning data, at Georgia State University in June.
- Steve Harmon, associate dean of research, was selected and began the ACC Academic Leader's Network program.
- Fatimah Wirth, instructional designer, served on the IHR article review board and was selected as an ID2ID peer mentor with the EDUCAUSE Learning Initative.
- George Wright, director of Georgia Tech Online, was re-elected to the National Educational Broadband Service Association (NEBSA) Board of Directors for a second three-year term.
- Aiello, B., Fain, S., Rogers, M., Sanders, S., & Walker, C. Marketing, PR and Community for Scale. Presentation at the Affordable Degrees-at-Scale Symposium. Sept. 5, 2019. Atlanta, GA.
- Baker, N. & Harmon, S.W. Creating the Next in Higher Education at Georgia Tech. Workshop on the 60 Year Curriculum at Harvard University. 2019. Cambridge, MA.
- Baker, N. An Emerging Era: How the Next Digital Revolution Will Transform Higher Education. Keynote panelist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Distance Teaching & Learning Conference. Aug. 8, 2019. Madison, WI.
- Baker, N. & DeMillo, R. The Transformation-Ready Higher Education Institution: How Leaders Can Prepare for and Promote Change. Webinar with the American Council on Education. Oct. 22, 2019. Online.
- Baker, N. & Gazi, Y. Affordable Degrees at Scale: What Does It Take? Presentation the Open SUNY Summit. March 8, 2019. Syracuse, NY.
- Baker, N. & Gazi, Y. Higher Education: Still the Solution for a Workforce in Flux? Presentation at the Forum on the Future of Work. June 20-21, 2019, New York City, NY.
- Gazi, Y. Invited panelist at the Ivan Allen College ADVANCE session on Envisioning/Shaping Online Teaching/Learning. 2019. Atlanta, GA.
- Gazi, Y. Global Perspectives On Lifetime Learning: A Look at the Year 2025. Webinar with the International Association for Continuing Engineering Education. Nov. 7, 2019. Online.
- Gazi, Y. Is Artificial Intelligence the Future of Education? Panelist at the Learning Impact Leadership Institute. May 22, 2019. San Diego, CA.
- Gazi, Y. & Kadel, R. Achieving "SALEs": Considerations for Tech Integration for Scalable Learning. Presentation at the Learning Impact Leadership Institute. May 22, 2019. Sam Diego. CA.
- Gazi, Y. & Marca, P. Administrative Tools We Need Now. Presentation at the ASEE Conference on Industry-Education Collaboration (CIEC). Jan. 30 - Feb. 1, 2019, New Orleans, LA.
- Harmon, S.W. Attendee at the Blockchain in Education Summit. Fall 2018. Boston, MA.
- Harmon, S.W. Creating the Next in Education. On the Road to the University in 2040. Keynote presentation at The IAFOR Conference on Educational Research & Innovation. May 6-8, 2019. Blacksburg, VA.
- Harmon, S.W. Designing Scalable Advanced Learning Ecosystems. Lead Cyberlearning Workshop with Center for Innovative Research in Cyberlearning, Nov. 29-30, 2018. Atlanta, GA.
- Harmon, S.W. Scalable Advanced Learning Ecosystems (SALE). Presentation at the National Science Foundation Cyberlearning Workshop Summit. 2019. Washington, D.C.
- Harmon, S.W. Upskilling, Reskilling, and Retraining Today's Workforce. Invited panel at The American National Standards Institute World Standards Week Conference on Building an Effective Workforce of the Future. Nov. 7, 2019. Washington, D.C.
- Wirth, F. Flipping the Flipped Classroom: Length of Video, Teaching Style & The Engaging Professor: A Case Study. Presentation at the E-Learn World Conference on E-Learning. Nov. 4-7, 2019. New Orleans, LA.
- Kadel, R. S., Gazi, Y., Harmon, S., Goel, A., Courville, T. (June 2019). Toward A Road Map For Scalable Advanced Learning Ecosystems (SALES).
- Graves, L. V., Simone, S. S., Williams, M., Courville, T.G., Mattson, S. N., Delano-Wood, L., ... & Gilbert, P. E. (in press). Revisiting Total Recognition Discriminability in Huntington’s and Alzheimer’s Disease: New Insights from the CVLT-3. Applied Neuropsychology: Adult.
- Lee, S., Kadel, R. , Madden, A. , Gazi, Y. (November 2018). How Can Learner Analytics Data Inform Language MOOC Design? Bogazici Universitesi Egitim Dergisi, 35(1), 19-29. Retrieved from Bogazici University Journal of Education.