Power Systems Certificate
- Program Requirements
- Why Choose a Certificate?
Program AdministratorContact for program-related questions A.P. Meliopoulos, Ph.D.
Power Systems Certificate
Develop your skills to model, design, operate, and control power systems with our Power Systems Certificate. You’ll understand how to apply fundamental concepts and principles to the real world so you can solve the challenges your company faces at the same time you advance your career.
- Certificates must be completed within 6 years; courses completed more than 6 years ago may not be applied toward certificate.
- All courses applied to a certificate program must be taken from Georgia Tech.
- This certificate does not require an application.
Your path to achievement is easy! Most certificate courses are offered in classroom locations around the U.S. You can also inquire about training at your location.
- Course load determines the cost of a certificate program.
- Calculate your total by identifying the courses needed and tallying individual course fees. Some programs offer discounts for course bundling.
- Select a certificate program, review the requirements, and determine your timeline for completion.
- Add courses to your shopping cart for purchase as you are ready to take them, or as a bundle if desired.
- Proceed to checkout to complete your registration. We accept multiple forms of payment including credit card, purchase order, a private loan (upon request), and VA benefits for certain programs.
- Certificates must be completed within six years.
- After successful completion of most individual courses, a Certificate of Course Completion will be sent.
- After successful completion of all required courses, request a transcript and program certificate audit.
- Upon verification, GTPE will email your transcript and mail your Certificate of Program Completion. Some programs host a certificate award ceremony during the final course.
Once you earn your Georgia Tech Program Certificate, tout your success on your resume and LinkedIn profile, share with your employer, and celebrate an important career growth achievement!
Why Choose a Certificate?
Professional Certificates are ideal for developing new skills and building deep expertise in a specialized area to update your professional profile, advance your career, or broaden your knowledge base.
Certificates are an “anytime” credential
Start anytime - after graduation or later in your career - and gain deeper know-how in a specific area without the commitment to a degree.
Certificates demonstrate commitment
The dedication of time to earn a certificate demonstrates that you are committed to achieving a higher standard of professional knowledge in your industry.
Certificates provide immediate “ROE”
Georgia Tech learners master real-world skills and apply them to their career the day after completion.
Certificates stand out on your resume
A Georgia Tech credential carries the professional weight to give you a competitive edge.
Who Should Attend
This certificate is designed for engineers who participate in the design, operations, and testing of energy management systems.
How You Will Benefit
- Develop advanced knowledge in the design, modeling, and control of power systems.
- Keep abreast of the latest advances in power systems engineering and smart grid technologies.
- Increase your marketability in the industry with a certificate from a Top 10 engineering university.
Grow Your Professional Network
Taught by Experts in the Field
This course will comprehensively cover grounding system design procedures for safety and lightning shielding. It begins with a simplified coverage of the basic principles in grounding design and follows with a step-by-step design procedure. You will explore soil characterization, modeling…View Course Details »
Apr 16, 2024 - Apr 19, 2024Register By Apr 11, 2024Atlanta, GA$1,450
Apr 16, 2024 - Apr 19, 2024Register By Apr 11, 2024Online$1,450
In the Grounding, EMI, and Power Quality course, you will get a comprehensive overview of design practices for grounding and electromagnetic compatibility of industrial, commercial, and residential systems. This includes linear and distorting loads, fundamental principles of grounding and…View Course Details »
May 20, 2024 - May 22, 2024Register By May 16, 2024Atlanta, GA$1,300
May 20, 2024 - May 22, 2024Register By May 16, 2024Online$1,300
In the Power Distribution System Grounding and Transients course, you will explore the theory and practice of modern power distribution system grounding, transients, protection, and operation. Gain a comprehensive overview of the fundamental principles of distribution grounding, analysis tools…View Course Details »
Feb 21, 2024 - Feb 23, 2024Register By Feb 21, 2024Online$1,500
Sep 17, 2024 - Sep 19, 2024Register By Sep 12, 2024Atlanta, GA$1,500
Sep 17, 2024 - Sep 19, 2024Register By Sep 12, 2024Online$1,500
The Power System Relaying course provides an overview of the theory and practice of modern power system relaying. You will explore the fundamental principles of relaying, analysis tools for power-system modeling and analysis pertaining to relaying, and industry practices in the protection of…View Course Details »
Oct 22, 2024 - Oct 25, 2024Register By Oct 17, 2024Online$1,500
Oct 22, 2024 - Oct 25, 2024Register By Oct 17, 2024Atlanta, GA$1,500
In this course, explore the design principles and practical applications of modern energy management systems, Independent System Operators (ISOs), and Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs). You will examine hardware, software, communications, and user interfaces. Develop a clear…View Course Details »
Mar 12, 2024 - Mar 14, 2024Register By Mar 7, 2024Online$1,430
Mar 12, 2024 - Mar 14, 2024Register By Mar 7, 2024Atlanta, GA$1,430