Georgia Tech Professional Education SkillBridge Program
Education for Transitioning Service Members
The Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE) SkillBridge Program is an exciting opportunity for transitioning service members from all branches of the military to receive training and education at one of the nation’s top universities. The GTPE SkillBridge Program is designed for transitioning service members within 180 days of separation and combines classroom and/or online instruction with internship opportunities in high-demand career opportunities.
- Receive real-world course content directly related to your corporate sponsor.
Receive valuable work experience in your field of interest.
Gain an important credential from a highly ranked university.
Learn from an expert in the field of veteran employment (and fellow veteran).
Gather crucial feedback on resume preparation, interviewing skills and marketability.
Build education and experience for your resume.
Gain access to a program with the variability to align with your separation date.
Network with cohort members and employers.
The GTPE SkillBridge program is funded by industry partners in specific high-demand skill areas.
- Select a military program track of interest and review the course details and time commitments.
- All interested participants will need to fill out a Skillbridge registration form.
- After the form is submitted, a member of our military programs staff will contact you via email or phone within three to five business days to discuss the programs that best fit your professional transition and provide upcoming program dates.
- Program duration varies by each track, typically around two to eight weeks.
- Participants first receive classroom instruction, where customized content is provided by employers.
- After the classroom experience, participants receive on-the-job training by completing either an internship or project with a corporate sponsor.
- After successful completion of the program, participants will earn a Georgia Tech Program Certificate.