WIOA Workforce Development Candidate Checklist
The following checklist is for candidates interested in using Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds to attend GTPE courses.
Application and Approval
- Meet with your advisor at your Georgia Department of Labor Career Center to:
- Determine your eligibility in the WIOA program.
- Identify approved providers and programs.
- Browse our website for courses and certificate programs of interest.
- Create an account profile on our website.
- Email email@example.com to request an acceptance letter and provide the following information:
- The list of courses and dates you wish to attend
- The name of your county WIOA office
- The name of your WIOA advisor
- Receive your GTPE acceptance letter by email within 3-5 business days.
- Meet with your workforce development advisor to:
- Review your GTPE acceptance letter and program selection.
- Receive program approval.
Vouchers and Registration
- Approval by your WIOA office may take several months, so be sure to plan accordingly.
- Registration cannot be completed until the voucher is received by GTPE.
- Once the voucher is issued to GTPE, you will be notified and GTPE will process your registration, dependent upon course availability.
- Changes to course selections after issuance of the voucher may impact program completion.
- Issuance of the GTPE acceptance letter does not guarantee WIOA approval.
- Issuance of the WIOA voucher does not guarantee a seat in the program. Courses may fill before a voucher is issued.
- Attendance in each course is required for successful completion. Missing any one course will result in removal from all remaining courses.